Monday, June 5, 2017

When I am in Turkey, of course, I call my friends to grab coffee or get breakfast. That day, one of my best friends from high school, my sister and I had a delicious breakfast in Karakoy. Then, we decided to go to old Istanbul, where everything is a rabbit warren -Sirkeci. Strolling through the old streets, taking in the buildings and eating traditional food was very cheerful. Historic architectural details and elements marred by time and fools was upsetting, but, even so, Istanbul seems to be pristine although many modern additions have spoiled it. This sketch was from Sirkeci of Karakoy, from the outskirts. Due to the fact that my whole street’s buildings were demolished,  next time, I will probably find Istanbul unrecognizable. In the meantime, I was still jet lagged as the date should have been  2017, not 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment