Monday, October 3, 2016


It is very much a modest question, which asked I myself when I first saw this building, that is, how can people be below the cantilever of the ICA without any concern?  Perhaps, I am not the only one who has wondered this. Of course, I (we) trust in the architects and engineers behind these projects -their knowledge and mastery of new materials, and yet another question presents itself: should a public space give individuals a burdensome atmosphere? This is because the concept for the ground level is having a public space freely accessible to visitors as part of the Harbor Walk (under construction as of writing). The walking public is grateful for this access, but if I am not comfortable in that space, what is the point? In fact, you can see that my sketch is in front of the building, not under the cantilever, unfortunately -I wish I could have listened to the concert to view the acoustics and the Boston skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment