Monday, October 17, 2016


I should have entered, but I could not, unfortunately, as I did not have time, as always and like everyone. Who has time? This sketch was from my second visit to the city, and yet it seemed like the first time I saw New York’s buildings. Actually, this was a great trip for sightseeing with one of my wandering uncles -he has seen more than 50 countries. I was lucky, having a guide.  We walked around Manhattan, perhaps, 15 miles to finish all the buildings that I wanted to explore -of course I did not. The Guggenheim is from "the greatest American architect of all time" -Frank Lloyd Wright, a modernist. I very much relished discovering his ideas, but it was a real regret that I could not observe the interior. There is always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment